Damian Mooney (Ballyliffin GC) and Niall Kearney (Royal Dublin) topped the leaderboard at the Etihad Airways PGA Sprint tournament at The Heritage.
The pair finished the day on five under par with Noel Murray (Massereene GC) and Jimmy Bolger (Kilkenny GC) finishing tied for second on three under par.
Mooney produced a flawless round of golf at the Seve Ballesteros designed course in Co.Laois, collecting birdies at third, seventh, eighth, 10th and 14th.
It was in stark contrast to Kearney, who mixed in birdies, bogeys and an eagle in his 67. The 26-year-old, who finished tied for 21st on the Challenge Tour on Sunday, went to the turn in one under 35 with birdies at one, three and sixth offset by one bogey at the par three fourth.
He got his back nine off to a stunning start with an eagle at the par five 10th, followed by a birdie a the 11th, however he dropped a shot at the 13th before bouncing back with back-to-back birdies at the 14th and 15th.
The next event on the PGA in Ireland schedule is the Bunclody Golf and Fishing Club Pro-Am on June 26.
Etihad Airways PGA Sprint at The Heritage
- 1 Damian Mooney (Ballyliffin GC) 67
- 1 Niall Kearney (Royal Dublin GC) 67
- 3 Noel Murray (Massereene GC) 69
- 3 Jimmy Bolger (Kilkenny GC) 69
- 5 Gerry Burke (Royal Curragh GC) -2
- 5 Brendan McGovern (Headfort GC) -2
- 7 Cian McNamara (Monkstown GC) -1
- 7 John Kelly (St Margaret's Golf & CC) -1
- 7 Neil O'Briain (Old Conna GC) -1
- 7 David Ryan (Cahir Park GC) -1
- 7 David Ruddy (Cahir Park GC) -1