Christy O'Connor Jnr has teamed up with specialist golf travel company Links Golf Ireland to host a once in a lifetime trip to the 2016 Masters Tournament.
There are 40 places available on the week-long tour which not alone includes two days at the Masters but also two rounds of golf at two of South Carolina's finest courses.
Irish interest will undoubtedly be at its highest with Rory McIlroy looking to win and complete the career Grand Slam.
O'Connor Jnr., has had a fantastic golfing career both as a player and more recently as a course designer. As a player both on the regular PGA Tour and on the Seniors Tours both in Europe and the US he has won 17 times in seven different countries.
Included in his victories are back to back wins in the British Seniors Open. He has represented Ireland in both the World Cup and the Dunhill Cup, and will be forever remembered as a Ryder Cup hero for unbelievable two iron shot at the Belfry which brought him a singles victory and helped Europe retain the Cup in 1989.
He was the first Irish professional to play in the Masters in 1977 and is very much looking forward to sharing his experience and knowledge with those travelling.
All elements of what is intended to be the golfing trip of a lifetime have been researched by both O'Connor Jnr. and Links Golf Ireland and this has led to the decision to locate the group in Columbia which is just over an hour from Augusta, and which is also close to some great golf courses.
- The tour leaves Dublin on Wednesday 6th April, returning on the morning of 12th April. Included in the trip package are;
- 5 nights in the Marriott Columbia Downtown Hotel ( inclusive of breakfast)
- 2 VIP days at the Masters on the Friday, the cut day, and the Sunday when the Champion will be crowned. The VIP package includes access to day long hospitality in Magnolia Manor with fresh cuisine and endless refreshments
- Golf at the Columbia Country Club ( Thursday ) and at The Members Club at Woodcreek ( Saturday)
- Receptions and dinners on three of the evenings
- Souvenir Masters Chair and welcome gift
- All ground transport between Columbia and August
- Full details of the package are available from Garreth Cooke 01 - 883 1940 or Gar@LinksGolf-Ireland.com
Speaking of the trip Christy O'Connor Jnr said that playing at Augusta had been one of the great golfing experiences.
“I have always wanted to re-visit Augusta," he said. "I am delighted that myself and Links Golf are now in a position to offer 40 Irish golfers the opportunity to share that visit with me.
"I think it is fair to say that most golfers would have a visit to Augusta on their wish lists. Tickets are always the problem. To now be in a position to provide tickets in a year when Rory will undoubtedly be hoping to complete his collection of majors is a once in a lifetime opportunity."
Garreth Cooke, managing director of Links Golf Ireland. said that they had worked closely with Christy to ensure that every last detail had been looked at to ensure that this would really be the trip of a lifetime.
”We believe Christy's involvement adds a whole new dimension to what will be a wonderful trip anyway," he said. "He will provide real insights for those on the trip both at the Masters but also on the two golf days we have organised. It will genuinely be the trip of a lifetime."