Reigning North of Ireland champion John Ross Galbraith agonisingly missed out by one stroke on at the First Stage of Q-School.
The Whitehead international finished on three over par after rounds of 74,73, 73 and 71 in the Qualifying School First Stage Section D event at Frilford Heath with David Rawluk (77) 10 shots outside the mark.
England’s Laurie Canter led 27 qualifiers into next month’s Second Stage on 16 under.
Ireland had 28 players at First Stage but just 11 made it through — Jonnny Caldwell, Colm Campbell, Brian Casey, Alan Dunbar, Gary Hurley, Richard Kilpatrick, Rory McNamara, Paul Dunne, Jack Hume, Michael McGeady and Gavin Moynihan.
But there was more amateur joy at Circolo Golf Bogogno in Italy, where local amateur starlet Michele Ortolani stole the show leading the 25 qualifiers home with a 16 under par aggregate total.
He was one of six amateurs to come through at the Italian venue.
EUROPEAN TOUR QUALIFYING SCHOOL 2015 - IRISH ENTRIES FOR FIRST STAGE
- Richard BRIDGES DID NOT QUALIFY
- Jonathan CALDWELL Clandeboye GC Qualified
- Colm CAMPBELL JNR (AM) Qualified
- Brian CASEY Headfort GC Qualified
- Alan DUNBAR Team Ireland Qualified
- Gary HURLEY West Waterford GC Qualified
- Richard KILPATRICK Banbridge GC Qualified
- Dermot MCELROY (AM) Ballymena GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- Rory MCNAMARA La Cala Resort Qualified
- Richard O’DONOVAN Lucan GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- Simon WARD Belvoir Park DID NOT QUALIFY
- Stephen GRANT Mount Juliet GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- Ciaran BOGGAN Co Meath Golf Club DID NOT QUALIFY
- Eamonn BRADY Clontarf GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- JD GUINEY Ballybunion GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- Peter MCGIBNEY DID NOT QUALIFY
- Richard WELDON Killeen Castle GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- Reeve WHITSON Royal County Down G.C. DID NOT QUALIFY
- Paul DUNNE Qualified
- Jack HUME (AM) Naas GC Qualified
- Michael McGEADY Northwest GC Qualified
- David CAREY DID NOT QUALIFY
- Jonathan MALLON DID NOT QUALIFY
- Brendan McCARROLL Team Ireland DID NOT QUALIFY
- Gavin MOYNIHAN The Island GC Qualified
- Tim RICE Limerick GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- John Ross GALBRAITH (AM) Whitehead DID NOT QUALIFY
- David RAWLUK The Island GC DID NOT QUALIFY
- No Irish
Alps Tour — Killarney's Tommy O'Driscoll is tied for seventh heading into the final round ofthe Alps de Extramadura in Spain.
The Kerry golfer is seven strokes behind Spain's Pol Bech on four under par following a second successive 70 at Talayuela Golf.
O'Driscoll had an eagle, five birdies and five bogeys on his card while Dubliner David Carey is a shot further back in joint 13th after a 69 that featured back to back eagles — 2-3 — at the 17th and 18th (his eighth and ninth).
Brendan McCarroll opened with a 70 but followed it with an 85 to miss the cut by 10 shots.