Annabel Wilson was the only Irish player inside the crucial top 64 after she opened with a two-over 74 in 36-hole qualifying for the Ladies' British Open Amateur Championship at Hillside
The Lurgan star finished with two bogeys but she's 38th in the standings headed by Elodie Chapelet of France, who shot a four-under 68 to lead by two strokes from compatriot Emma Broze, Germany’s Esther Henseleit, Spain’s Elena Maria Hualde Zuniga and top-ranked Swede Frida Kinhult, in the battle to make the matchplay.
Mairead Martin, Olivia Mehaffey, Jessica Ross and Sinead Sexton shot six-over 78s to lie a shot outside the top 64, which will see ties decided by a countback.
Curtis Cup player Paula Grant went out in 42, birdied the 10th but then double bogeyed the par-five 17th to open with a 79.
Ladies' British Open Amateur Championship, Hillside (Par 72)
- 38 WILSON, Annabel (Lurgan) +2 74
- 88 MARTIN, Mairead (Kanturk) +6 78
- 89 MEHAFFEY, Olivia (Royal Co. Down Ladies) +6 78
- 90 ROSS, Jessica (Clandeboye) +6 78
- 92 SEXTON, Sinead (Lahinch) +6 1 78
- 101 GRANT, Paula (Lisburn) +7 79