Elm Park's Matthew O‘Brien claimed a one-stroke win in the Allianz Grange Dublin Boys Championship at the pristine Rathfarnham club last weekend.
The eight handicapper shot two rounds of 82 on the par 71 Centenary Course to edge out fellow Elm Park player James Fleming by the minimum on 164.
Now in its 24th year, the popular championship was played in scorching conditions at the home club of Europe's 2014 Ryder Cup Captain and 2016 Irish Olympic Team Captain, Paul McGinley.
The presentation of prizes took place in the clubhouse and was attended by John J Nolan (Captain of Grange), Donal Bollard (representing Allianz), John Taylor (Grange Dublin Boys organiser) and Wattie Sullivan, the long-serving former club professional and Grange Dublin Boys Patron.
Allianz Grange Dublin Boys Championship, Grange GC (Centenary Course, Par 71)
- Matthew O’Brien (8, Elm Park) 82, 82 164
- James Fleming (5, Elm Park) 80, 85 165
- Eoin Reade (12, Newlands 86, 81 167.
- Best Nett, Leo Fearon (12, Newlands) 145 (74, 71)
- 2nd Nett, Stephen Grogan (12, Elm Park) 146 (74, 72).
- 1st 18 Gross, Mark McKeown (14, Dun Laoghaire 84 (L9)
- 1st 18 Nett, Fintan Gunne (12, Elm Park) 72.
- 2nd 18 Gross, James Quinn (8, Castle) 82
- 2nd 18 Nett, Cian Ryan (14, Elm Park) 70.
- Best Grange player: Sean Murphy (12, Grange ) 173 (87, 86).