East Cork will face Royal Portrush in the Senior Foursomes final following their 3-0 win over Portumna in the AIG Ladies Cup and Shields Finals at Dundalk.
Portumna’s Senior International Suzanne Corcoran and partner Madden Madden made a comeback on the final stretch but opponents Lillian Hartigan and Deirdre Ryan closed the match on the home green to seal a 3-0 win.
Irish Senior Cup champions Kilkenny were slight favourites after overcoming Milltown yesterday but Royal Portrush won 2-1.
In the Intermediate Cup semi-finals, Wicklow beat Edmondstown 3-2 with Katie Roche edging out Jane Callanan in dramatic fashion on the 20th.
Wicklow now face Portumna, who beat Ballykisteen 4-1 witn Mary McElroy proving too strong for 10 year old Cailtlin Shippam in the anchor match.
In the Minor Cup, Armagh won two of the three matches that went to extra holes to beat Athy 3-2 and win a place in the final against Ballinrobe, who eased to a 4-1 win over Greystones.
Wexford beat Belvoir Park 3-2 to reach the Junior Cup semi-finals and keep alive their hopes of a repeat of their 2012 win in the competition.
There was more disappointment for Belvoir Park In the Junior Foursomes quarter-finals as they fell 2-1 to Tramore who will play Cahir Park in the semi-finals with Castlebar taking on Stackstown in the other game.
Castlebar have left no stone unturned and ILGU Connacht District Chairman, Regina Kerr shared their pre-match preparation.
“We went out to a heather field outside Carlingford last night in the rain and picked some ahead of the match, as we were told it will bring us luck,” she said with a chuckle. “If we don’t win now, it’s all the one.”
In the Challenge Cup quarter-finals, Headfort won three matches with two called in against County Sligo and will now play Wexford in the semi-final as Co. Armagh and Ballybunion will face off in the second semi-final.
AIG Ladies Cups and Shields, Dundalk Golf Club
Senior Foursomes - Semi-Finals
East Cork 3 Portumna 0
- Grace McGrath & Sarah O'Brien (14) beat Claire Callanan & Riona Holohan (25) 3&1
- Lillian Hartigan & Deirdre Ryan (16) beat Suzanne Corcoran & Mary Madden (26) 1up
- Deirdre O'Mahony & Mairead Ni Mhurchu (18) beat Anne Fahy & Anita Carey (27) 3&1
Kilkenny 1 Royal Portrush 2
- Ann Smee & Dervilla O'Byrne (14) lost to Helen Jones & Heidi Simpson (14) 2&1
- Sarah Molloy & Jan Browne (14) beat Moyra McElderry & Nicky Smyth (14) 6&4
- Mary Leahy & Phyl Doyle (17) lost to Vivienne Houston & Shauna Park (16) 1 down
Intermediate Cup - Semi-Finals
Edmondstown 2 Wicklow 3
- Carmel Burke Daly (14) lost to Niamh Murphy (14) 6&5
- Martina Torreggiani (15) lost to Doreen McGettigan (16) 3&1
- Grace O'Neil (15) beat Trish Shannon (17) on the 19th
- Judy Byrne Murray (16) beat Una Doyle (17) on the 20th
- Jane Callanan (16) lost to Katie Roche (18) on the 20th
Ballykisteen 1 Portumna 4
- Kaelin O'Keeffe (15) lost to Sinead Lohan (15) 2&1
- Jane Cowhey (16) lost to Kathleen Lynch (16) 3&2
- Claire Griffin (18) halved with Mary Kelly (17) (called in)
- Sarah Toomey (19) halved with Carmel Cunningham (18) (called in)
- Caitlin Shippam (21) lost to Mary McElroy (21) 5&4 5&3
Minor Cup - Semi-Finals
Athy 2 Co. Armagh 3
- Ann Bradbury (22) lost to Katherine Steenson (21) 2&1
- Joyce Chambers (23) lost to Eileen Fitzsimons (22) on the 20th
- Joan Murphy (26) lost to Vera Ellingham (24) 3&1
- Ann Fenelon (27) beat Anne McDonald (25) on the 19th
- Jacqui Doyle (27) beat Elizabeth Mawhinney (26) on the 19th
Ballinrobe 4 Greystones 1
- Marie Burke (22) beat Anne Costello (21) 4&3
- Louise Cribben (23) beat Monica Smith (21) 2&1
- Joanne Hynes (23) beat Frances Twomey (23) 2&1
- Eileen Byrne (24) halved with Regina Barry (23) (called in)
- Breege Costello (26) halved with Aideen O'Leary (25) (called in)
Junior Cup - Quarter-Final
Wexford 3 Belvoir Park 2
- Rachel O'Connor (7) beat Olivia McClurg (7) 3&1
- Carmel Murphy (8) beat Ciara Brennan (7) 1up
- Sheila Richardson (9) lost to Gail Linter (8) 3&2
- Margaret Atkinson (10) lost to Julie Morrison (10) 6&5
- Irene Bolger (11) beat Pauline Bailie (12) on the 19th
Junior Foursomes - Quarter-Final
Tramore 2 Belvoir Park 1
- Mia Maughan & Colette Palmer (36) beat Judy Simpson & Marie Canavan (34) 1up
- Lucia Ahearn O'Flaherty & Sarah Howard (37) lost to Sue Cashman & Johanna Shields (37) 8&6
- Mary Cantwell & Rachel Mulcahy (39) beat Ann Boden & Donna Finlay (40) 3&1
Challenge Cup - Quarter-Final
Headfort 4 Co. Sligo 1
- Oonagh Clarke (27) beat Jean Barr (27) 4&3
- Susan Reilly (28) halved with Rosie Mullan (29) (called in)
- Mary Bowler (30) beat Emma Flanagan (30) 5&4
- Ita Cribbin (31) beat Patricia Harte (30) 6&5
- Helen Stafford (33) halved with Patsy McElrone (35) (called in)
Friday 23 September 2016
- 08:00 Junior Cup Semi Final: Wexford v Castletroy
- 08:45 Junior Cup Semi Final: Roscommon v Castle
- 09:30 Junior Foursomes Semi Final: c
- 10:00 Junior Foursomes Semi Final: Tramore v Cahir Park
- 10:30 Challenge Cup Semi Final: Co. Armagh v Ballybunion
- 11:15 Challenge Cup Semi Final: Headfort v Wexford
- 12:15 Intermediate Cup Final: Wicklow v Portumna
- 13:00 Minor Cup Final: Co. Armagh v Ballinrobe
- 13:45 Senior Foursomes Final: East Cork v Royal Portrush
Saturday 24 September 2016
- 10:00 Junior Foursomes Final
- 10:40 Junior Cup Final
- 11:30 Challenge Cup Final
The above schedule may be subject to change.