Seamus Power took the ninth card as the first 25 of 50 available PGA TOUR membership cards for the 2016-17 season were secured on Sunday at the Web.com Tour’s final Regular Season event.
Former Michigan State golfer Ryan Brehm, who spent 2014-15 on the Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada before earning his Web.com Tour card via a T5 finish at the 2015 Qualifying Tournament, won the WinCo Foods Portland Open by one shot over Mark Anderson with a final-round 68 that propelled him from No. 30 to No. 4 on the money list.
Brehm, who briefly worked as an assistant coach and interim head coach at Michigan State following his college golf career, will be a rookie on the 2016-17 PGA TOUR.
An additional 25 cards will be awarded following the conclusion of the four-event Web.com Tour Finals, which begin the week of September 5-11 with the inaugural DAP Championship, to be held at Canterbury Golf Club in suburban Cleveland. The second 25 cards will be based on money earned solely in the Finals.
Wesley Bryan, who collected three wins on his way to earning the Three-Victory Promotion to the PGA TOUR earlier this month, earned the most money during the Regular Season ($449,392) and carries his earnings, as do the other 24 card earners, over to the Finals, where positions on the priority ranking list, used to set PGA TOUR fields each week, will be finalized.
Joel Dahmen earned the 25th and final card with $150,267 in earnings this year, which provided a $975 cushion over Xander Schauffele. Dahmen, who won the Order of Merit on the Mackenzie Tour in 2014, was 16th on the money list before falling nine spots with missed cuts over his final three starts of the Regular Season.
The top 25 who secured their 2016-17 PGA TOUR membership are:
The 25/ Hometown/ Stats/ College
- Wesley Bryan* Columbia, South Carolina. Three wins. South Carolina
- Richy Werenski* Bluffton, South Carolina. One win, three seconds. Georgia Tech
- J.J. Spaun* Los Angeles, California. One win, two seconds. San Diego State
- Ryan Brehm* Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. One win, two thirds. Michigan State
- Martin Flores Dallas, Texas One win, four top-fives. Oklahoma
- Ollie Schniederjans* Alpharetta, Georgia. One win, one second Georgia Tech
- Dominic Bozzelli* Rochester, New York. One win, one second. Auburn
- Trey Mullinax* Birmingham, Alabama. One win. Alabama
- Seamus Power* Waterford, Ireland. One win. East Tennessee State
- J.T. Poston* St. Simons Island, Georgia. Two runner-ups. Western Carolina
- C.T. Pan* Taipei, Chinese Taipei. Six top-10s. Washington
- Ryan Armour Silver Lake, Ohio. One win. Ohio State
- Jonathan Randolph Oxford, Mississippi. Two runner-ups. Mississippi
- Brad Fritsch Ottawa, Ont., Canada. One win. Campbell
- Brian Campbell* Irvine, California. Two runner-ups. Illinois
- Mark Anderson Beaufort, South Carolina. One runner-up. South Carolina
- Mackenzie Hughes* Charlotte, North Carolina. One win. Kent State
- Grayson Murray* Raleigh, North Carolina. Six top-10s. Arizona State
- Brandon Hagy* Westlake Village, Calif. Five top-10s. California
- Julian Etulain* Buenos Aires, Argentina. Eight top-25s. N/A
- Nicholas Lindheim* Mission Viejo, California. One win. N/A
- Sebastian Munoz* Bogota, Colombia. One win. North Texas
- Max Homa Valencia, California. One win. California
- Rick Lamb*. South Bend, Indiana. One win, one third. Tennessee
- Joel Dahmen* Clarkson, Washington. Two thirds. Washington