Portarlington's Dan Murphy survived greens running at an impressive 11 on the stimpmeter to win the prestigious Kilkenny Senior Scratch Cup.
He shot rounds of 77 and 69 to win by two strokes from Royal Dublin's Gary McGrane on five over par 146 with Carton House's Shane McGlynn third ahead on 149 on a count back from Alan Condren.
Eddie Power, playing off plus one, couldn't notch his seventh Kilkenny Scratch Cup at the age of 50 but he still came away with a prize, claiming the second 18 with a super 71. Kilkenny's Craig Martin won the first 18 with a 72,
Kilkenny Senior Scratch Cup, (Par 71 C.S.S 74 both rounds)
- Winner: Dan Murphy (1) Potarlington 146 (77+69)
- Runner Up: Gary McGrane (Scr)Royal Dublin 148 (72+76)
- Third: Shane McGlynn (+2) Carton House 149 (78+71)
- Alan Condren Greystones(+3) 149 (76+73)
- First 18: Craig Martin (Scr) Kilkenny 72
- Second 18: Eddie Power (+1) Kilkenny 71
Former Munster interprovincial Ed Stack fired an eight over par total over the Old Course and the Cashen Course at Ballybunion to win the Ballybunion Senior Scratch Cup from a strong field that included Pat Murray and Gary O'Flaherty.