Cahir Park will face Tuam in the final of the Miele All Ireland Fourball Championship at Naas on Sunday, writes the ILGU.
CITY OF DERRY 1½ CAHIR PARK 2½
The first semi-final saw City of Derry take on Cahir Park, who proved to be the stronger side in the second and final matches with wins on the 14th and 16th holes.
The top match was very close but City of Derry edged the win on the 17th. The third match was favouring City of Derry but Cahir Park had sufficient holes won and proceed to Sunday's final.
- Naoimh Quigg (3) and Brenda Chauchan (17) beat Bernie Carroll (15) and Yvonne Morrisson (19) 2&1
- Vivienne Houston (5) and Gerda Laird (16) lost to Caitlin Fitzgerald (14) and Michelle Keating (23) 4&2
- Catherine Mc Canny (9) and Ciara Quigg (15) halved with Susan Carey (18) and Johanne Quaid (20)
- Geraldine Crossan (14) and Maire McReynolds (15) lost to Marie Keating (22) and Emma Keating (24) 5&4
TUAM 3½ SKERRIES ½
Tuam got off to a fast start and were up in all matches from the beginning. With 2&1, 3&1 and 4&3 wins in the first three matches.
- Lorna Mullally (13) and Martina Casserly (15) beat Fiona Farrell (5) and Ciara Boylan (15) 2&1
- Anneta O Neill (12) and Mary Bollard (20) beat Barbara Ryan (10) and Mary Kenny (12) 3&1
- Jacqui Mc Grath (17) and Siobhan Joyce (20) beat Joyce Gillespie (8) and Joan Lewis (15) 4&3
- Jackie Cullen (16) and Ann Higgins (23) halved with Grainne O Connor (10) and Sylvia Alcock (16)