Under fire Tiger Woods has been replaced by Northern Ireland’s Graeme McDowell for this week's Chevron World Challenge in California.
World No 1 Woods withdrew from his exclusive 18-man charity event in Los Angeles citing unspecified injuries following his car crash outside his Florida mansion this week.
A press release said: "Due to injuries sustained in a one-car accident last week, Tiger Woods will be unable to play in the 2009 Chevron World Challenge."
Woods had been scheduled to hold a press conference on Tuesday but would have faced a grilling from the world's media over unanswered questions surrounding the accident.
"I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week," Woods said on his website. "I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I'm very sorry that I can't be there."
McDowell's management team at Horizon Sports, said: “We were in touch with the event organizers at the Tiger Woods Foundation yesterday (Sunday) while at Mission Hills in China during Graeme’s final round at the World Cup with Irish team-mate Rory McIlroy.
“They informed us that there was a possibility that Tiger may withdraw from this week's tournament and asked if Graeme would be prepared to potentially accept a late invitation, should a spot in the exclusive 18-man field become available”.
World No 55 McDowell, who was scheduled to have a week off, accepted following Woods' announcement that he will not be teeing it up at Sherwood Country Club this week.
Vijay Singh has also withdrawn and been replaced by Justin Leonard for the $5.75 million bash with the winner taking home $1.35 million and the 18th place finisher receiving $150,000.
Padraig Harrington is also in the field.