Munster champions Cahir Park ended Mountbellew's dream of a triple crown on the weather-lashed opening day of the AIG Ladies Cups and Shields Finals at Malone.
The Tipperary kingpins beat the Connacht champions 3.5-1.5 in testing conditions in the quarter-finals of the AIG Intermediate Cup at the Belfast venue on day one.
Wins for Michelle Keating, Breda Keating and Joanne Noonan mean Cahir Park now plays Wicklow in the semi-finals today with the winners to meet Shandon Park or Carton House in tomorrow’s final.
With their Challenge Cup team set to face Fintona in the semi-finals tomorrow, Mountbellew still remains on course for double success.
The club’s Minor Cup team beat Headfort 3.5-1.5 in yesterday's quarter-finals than to wins for Katie Coleman, Geraldine Coyne and Patricia Burke.
They now face Wexford in today's semi-finals with the winners set to face Donaghadee or Lee Valley in tomorrow morning's final.
Lurgan ended Carlow’s hopes of success in the AIG Senior Foursomes as they overcame the Mid-Leinster champions 2.5-0.5 in horrendous conditions.
The Ulster champions now face a highly fancied Killarney side in today’s semi-finals with Roscommon taking on Lucan in the other.
Niamh Ward and Fiona Cummins sent Lurgan on their way with a 5 and 4 win over Leigh Bolger and Dolores Lacey in the bottom match before Cara Murphy and Lynn Hanna got the Ulster champions over the line with a 3 and 2 victory over Helena Burke and Madeleine Brennan.
Carlow's leading pair, Karen Delaney and Bernie Cox, saw their clash with Lurgan’s Maeve Cummins and Orla O’Dowd called in.
The Finals continue today with 18 teams going head to head.
Malahide will be bidding to keep their hopes of a green pennant alive in the club's 125th anniversary year when they face Courtown in the quarter-finals of AIG Challenge Cup.
And Lurgan will be trying to keep their hopes of a double alive as they meet Limerick in the AIG Junior Cup quarter-finals.
In the Junior Foursomes quarter-finals, Shandon Park faces a tough match with Munster champions Ballykisteen.
AIG Ladies Cups and Shields Finals, Malone GC
AIG Intermediate Cup, Quarter Final
Cahir Park 3.5 Mountbellew 1.5 (Cahir Park names first)
- Susan Carey lost to Margaret Harkin 1 hole
- Michelle Keating bt Connie O’Brien 1 hole
- Breda Keating bt Mary Hyland 3/2
- Joanne Noonan bt Caroline Delaney 6/4
- Patricia Browne halved with Mary Costello (called-in).
AIG Minor Cup, Quarter Final
Mountbellew 3.5 Headfort 1.5 (Mountbellew names first)
- Katie Coleman bt Patricia O’Doherty 4/2
- Kathleen Raftery lost to Mary Bird 3/1
- Geraldine Coyne bt Pauline Mullan 3/2
- Patricia Burke bt Vanda Armstrong 1 hole
- Rose Devaney halved with Oonagh Clarke (called-in).
AIG Senior Foursomes, Quarter Final
Carlow 0.5 Lurgan 2.5 (Carlow names first)
- Karen Delaney/Bernie Cox halved with Maeve Cummins/Orla O’Dowd (called-in)
- Helena Burke/Madeleine Brennan lost to Cara Murphy/Lynn Hanna 3/2
- Leigh Bolger/Dolores Lacey lost to Niamh Ward/Fiona Cummins 5/4
- Intermediate Cup Semi-finals: (08:00) Shandon Park v Carton House; (09:15) Cahir Park v Wicklow.
- Senior Foursomes, Semi-finals: (08:45) Lurgan v Killarney; (11:30) Roscommon v Lucan.
- Minor Cup, Semi-finals: (10:00) Donaghadee v Lee Valley; (10:45) Mountbellew v Wexford.
- Challenge Cup, Quarter Final: (12:00) Malahide v Courtown.
- Junior Foursomes, Quarter-final: (12:45) Shandon Park v Ballykisteen.
- Junior Cup, Quarter-final: (13:15) Lurgan v Limerick.