David Kitt might have lost the AIG Irish Amateur Close final on Saturday but he was smiling again on Tuesday when he helped Athenry win the All Ireland Fred Daly Trophy at Bray Golf Club.
The 17-year old had a 7 and 6 win over Muskerry's Sean Geary in Athenry's 4.5-0.5 semi-final win. And while he lost his match in the final, falling by one hole to Kyle Patton, the Galway side beat Lisburn 3.5-1.5 to lift the trophy.
Aaron Marshall, Patton and Jack Shellard all won comfortably as Lisburn cruised to a 4-1 over Leinster champions Dundalk in their semi-final.
But Athenry were worthy winners in the final.
While Kitt was beaten by one hole by Kyle Patton at No 2, Alan Hill beat Marshall and Cillian Lawless beat Joshua Robinson to make it 2-1 before anchor man Sean O'Connell clinched the winning point with a 4 and 3 win over Mark Stewart.
Fred Daly Trophy, Bray Golf Club
All Ireland Final
Lisburn 1.5, Athenry 3.5
- Marshall lost to Hill 2/1
- Patton bt Kitt 1 hole
- Robinson lost to Lawless 3/2
- Shellard halved with Leufer
- Stewart lost to O’Connell 4/3
Dundalk 1, Lisburn 4
- Eoin Murphy lost to Aaron Marshall 3/2
- Josh Mackin lost to Kyle Patton 4/3
- Sean Laverty halved with Joshua Robinson
- Padraig Fallon lost to Jack Shellard 6/5
- Kyle Rafferty halved with Mark Stewart.
Muskerry 0.5, Athenry 4.5
- Fionn Hickey lost to Alan Hill 5/4
- Sean Geary lost to David Kitt 7/6
- Eoghan O’Shaughnessy lost to Cillian Lawless 3/2
- Jack Taylor lost to Darren Leufer 4/3
- Stephen Riordan halved with Sean O’Connell.