Kanturk's Mairead Martin stamped her class on the Irish Girls' Close Championship when she completed a dominant display by beating Co Sligo's Maeve Rooney 7 and 6 in the final at Mallow.
Having qualified in third place, five shots behind Cork's Rachel Thompson, on one-over par after rounds of 72 and 73, Martin cruised to the final by beating Tralee's Kaelin O'Keeffe and Lucan's Ada Bowler by 6&5 and Spain's Nicole Joyce-Moreno 4&3 before defeating Killarney's Valerie Clancy 5&4 in the semi-finals.
Rooney had knocked out leading qualifier and girls’ International Thompson by 3&1 in the semi-finals, but she had no answer to a rampant Martin in Saturday afternoon’s decider at the Cork club.
Martin won the first to take the lead and was four up after nine before birdies at the 10th and 11th to six up with seven to play.
She then closed out the match in style with an eagle three at the 444-yard, par-five 12th.
“I’m delighted to win, my short game was on form this week, I pitched in for eagle on the 12th this afternoon to win the match which was a good way to finish," Martin said.
"I was at home in my own bed all week too which was also nice and to have so much support from the club was class.
"I had my sister on the bag too this week which was entertaining. She doesn’t play much golf but I hope she might take it up after this week."
In the final of the Pat Fletcher Trophy, Elm Park's Leah Temple Lang beat Great Britain and Ireland Junior Vagliano Trophy player Sara Byrne from Douglas at the 19th.
All square at the turn, Temple Lang won the 12th but lost the 13th and 15th to find herself trailing.
But after levelling matters at the 16th, she won on the 19th with a par as Byrne three-putted.
Irish Girls' Close Championship, Mallow
Maeve Rooney lost to Mairead Martin 7&6
Semi Finals – Saturday 22 July
- Rachel Thompson lost to Maeve Rooney 3&1
- Valerie Clancy lost to Mairead Martin 5&4
Quarter Finals – Friday 21 July
- Rachel Thompson beat Georgia Carr 2&1
- Maeve Rooney beat Beth Coulter 19th
- Valerie Clancy beat Canice Screene 1 hole
- Mairead Martin beat Nicole Joyce Moreno 4&3
Last 16 – Friday 21 July
- Rachel Thompson beat Emma Forbes 19th
- Georgia Carr beat Anna Foster 5&4
- Kate Lanigan lost to Maeve Rooney 19th
- Lauren Walsh lost to Beth Coulter 1 hole
- Valerie Clancy beat Kate Dwyer 1 hole
- Canice Screene beat Ellen O’Gorman 7&6
- Mairead Martin beat Ada Bowler 6&5
- Maeve Cummins lost to Nicole Joyce Moreno 1 hole
Pat Fletcher Plate
Sara Byrne lost to Leah Temple Lang 19th
Semi Final – Saturday 22 July
- Nicole McGavisk lost to Sara Byrne 3&2
- Leah Temple Lang beat Jan Browne 3&1
Quarter Finals – Friday 21 July
- Nicole McGavisk beat Niamh O’Dwyer 2&1
- Chloe O’Connor lost to Sara Byrne 6&5
- Leah Temple Lang beat Katie O’Hart 19th
- Jan Browne beat Anna McVicker 1 hole
Round 1 – Friday 21 July
- Olivia McClurg lost to Nicole McGavisk 3&1
- Katie Keenan lost to Niamh O’Dwyer 2&1
- Emily Walsh lost to Chloe O’Connor 4&2
- Fiona Behan lost to Sara Byrne 19th
- Shannon Hegarty lost to Leah Temple Lang 20th
- Katie O’Hart beat Anna Dawson 3&1
- Kaelin O’Keeffe lost to Jan Browne 2&1
- Tegan Gordon lost to Anna McVicker 7&6
Round 1 – Thursday 20 July
- Rachel Thompson (Cork) beat Olivia McClurg (Belvoir Park) 7&5
- Emma Forbes (Royal Portrush) beat Nicole McGavisk (Donabate) 2 holes
- Georgia Carr (Milltown) beat Katie Keenan (Kilkenny) 2&1
- Anna Foster (Elm Park) beat Niamh O’Dwyer (Lahinch) 4&3
- Kate Lanigan (Hermitage) beat Emily Walsh (Limerick) 4&3
- Maeve Rooney (Co. Sligo) beat Chloe O’Connor (Roscommon) 3&2
- Lauren Walsh (Castlewarden) beat Fiona Behan (Killeen) 1 hole
- Beth Coulter (Kirkistown Castle) beat Sara Byrne (Douglas) 5&4
- Valerie Clancy (Killarney) beat Shannon Hegarty (Ennis) 3&1
- Kate Dwyer (Rossmore) beat Leah Temple Lang (Elm Park) 5&4
- Katie O’Hart (Arklow) lost to Canice Screen (Hermitage) 1 hole
- Ellen O’Gorman (Milltown) beat Anna Dawson (Tramore) 1 hole
- Mairead Martin (Kanturk) beat Kaelin O’Keeffe (Tralee) 6&5
- Ada Bowler (Lucan) beat Jan Browne (Kilkenny) 2&1
- Maeve Cummins (Lurgan) beat Tegan Gordon (Laytown & Bettystown) 8&7
- Nicole Joyce Moreno (Spain) beat Anna McVicker (Belvoir Park) 3&2.