Lurgan's Annabel Wilson tied for third as Sweden's Ingrid Lindblad claimed an impressive four-shot win in the Irish U18 Girls’ Stroke Play Championship at Roganstown Golf and Country Club.
Lindblad and Wales Lea-Anne Bramwell led by two shots over night but it was the Swede who cruised to victory, carding a one-under par 70 to edge out Kaylee de Jonge (70) on level par 213.
“I am so happy, it is very unexpected, but I am delighted,” beamed Lindblad, who had been soaked with water by her teammates on the 18th green.
“I have won some tournaments in Sweden, but this is my first win in an international event. I played very solidly all week and hit a lot of greens which meant a lot of two putts were needed.”
The 16-year old competed at Roganstown in 2016 and will still be eligible to play again next year.
“This is a really good event, and the course is so nice – the greens were especially nice this year," she said. "We travel as a team each year so it is enjoyable to be here.”
Wilson had a rollercoaster 71 on the final day to finish tied for third on six over par.
After shooting 79 on Saturday, she recovered brilliantly and moved into contention when she covered her first 10 holes in three-under.
But she dropped three shots coming home and was edged out for the prizes on six over by England's Jessica Hall, Scotland's Jillian Farrell and Wales' Bramwell.
Killarney's Valerie Clancy (77) and Kirkistown Castle's Beth Coulter (78) started the day four and five shots off the pace respectively and finished tied for 12th.
Sweden won the Nations Cup team event from Ireland
Irish Girls’ Open Stroke Play Championship, Roganstown Golf & Country Club (Par 71)
- Winner: 213 Ingrid Lindblad (Sweden)
- Runner- Up: 217 Kaylee de Jonge (Netherlands)
- Third: 219 Jessica Hall (England)
- Fourth: 219 Jillian Farrell (Scotland)
- Fifth: 219 Lea-Anne Bramwell (Wales)
- Overall Nett: 206 Carys Worby (Wales)
- Second Nett: 209 Nicole Joyce Moreno (Spain)
- Round 1 Gross: 69 Annabel Wilson (Lurgan)
- Round 2 Gross: 70 Beth Coulter (Kirkistown Castle)
- Round 3 Gross: 71 Andrea Grimberg-Lienell (Sweden)
- Nations Cup Team Award: +8 Sweden (Ingrid Lindblad, Louise Rydqvist and Elsa Svensson).